In all honesty, not much has been going on lately. Last weekend we took Bailey to the Jacksonville Zoo and had a blast! She's still a little young to understand it but she enjoyed being outside and looking at all the animals and plants (the zoo has a fantastic botanical garden as well - Nathan was in heaven). Now I know I haven't been too good at introducing farm animals to Bailey; in fact, she pretty much only knows jungle animals. So imagine my surprise when the one animal that made her laugh out loud was an OSTRICH?! I promise she's never seen one before. Must've been the hot pink legs and neck. Here we are in the reptile house (check out that snake!).

And this wierd bird would NOT leave us alone - it jumped on the stroller and hung out for awhile before hopping onto a ledge right at eye level (and yes, I did worry about it pecking out Bailey's eyes since Nate was holding her so close to it).
We had a really good time and will probably go back in the spring. Meanwhile, we'll continue to work on animal sounds (moo, quack, cluck...).
Not much else to report. We're heading to AL for Thanksgiving in a couple of weeks and can't wait to see my sister's little girl (who is now eight weeks old and weighs over seven pounds, thank you very much!). Other than that, we'll just be hanging out as usual. Love from SC!

No comments:
Post a Comment