Nathan and I attended a marriage conference two weekends ago sponsored by Family Life Ministries. It was held at the Westin on Hilton Head and we had a blast! I will admit that I left the house in tears that Friday because it was the first time we've left Bailey (my parents stayed with her) but once we got to the hotel, it was kind of an "out of sight, out of mind" experience. Nate and I really enjoyed some time alone and had a fantastic "date night" that Saturday. We were thoroughly ready, however, to get home on Sunday to see our girl (who, by the way, didn't even know we were gone and didn't cry AT ALL, not even at bedtime - amazing!).
Also, Nate and I have been trying to be consistent with the P90X workout videos. For those of you who don't know, it is the most intense at-home exercise program that I've ever seen. At least an hour a day, six days a week! But we're really enjoying it and believe it or not, I've lost three pounds and can do ten pushups (that's huge for me)! Of course, Nate is quickly getting back into excellent shape so I have to continually remind him that I am still working on losing the baby weight (never mind that she's almost 15 months old). Bailey seems to enjoy the daily exercise sessions as well - here she is doing downward dog...
Nate and I aren't big fans of yoga but Bailey seems to like it quite well (and Charlie the cat likes to watch).Last weekend we headed to the lake for my niece's big debut to all of my parents' friends (a similar event was held for Bailey when she was two months old). It was great to see my sister and her family - that little Sylvie is just precious and getting so big!

She is five months old now and smiles ALL THE TIME! We are hoping to get to Florida with Katie and Parrish sometime later this spring - can't wait! Bailey spent most of the day in her tutu - either climbing all over the rocking chair or riding the train.

We like to stay busy, so it's great to have so much going on! We're looking forward to spring being here for good (we're getting tease today - 70 and sunny!) and hopefully a few more family visits soon too. Hope all is well with everyone else!!

1 comment:
Oh my gosh - she is gorgeous. . . glad to hear everything is going great for you all. We miss you - can't wait to see you again!
Love
Brooke's Nana and Poppy
Post a Comment