Well, this is just getting more and more exciting! Here are some shots from the second ultrasound, which was done at the first-trimester screening appointment last week (all results came back negative, which is a good thing). We were really surprised to see the detail in the profile of the baby's face. I think he/she already has Nathan's nose (and my tummy, if the protruding belly is any indicator)! I told my boss and coworkers this week and it went over a LOT better than I had expected. Everyone was really excited and supportive, but what surprised me the most was that almost all of them said they had already suspected it. So much for me thinking I was hiding it well! I was very relieved to get such a good reaction, though, and feel like I can relax a little bit more at work.
The nursery furniture arrived! I know it seems way too early to be worrying with that but it was on sale and I can't pass up a good deal (thanks, Mom and Daddy!). We probably won't clear out the guest room and set things up until August so for now we just have boxes in the living room. I think it is going to turn out really nicely - I'm excited to see the finished product!
Our next doctor's appointment is on July 1 (just a check-up) and the next ultrasound will be July 18. This is when we could find out if it's a boy or girl but we really want to make it a surprise. So hopefully the sonographer won't slip up and say he or she! We'll get pictures up as soon as possible after that.
Nathan's business has been doing extremely well lately, which is very reassuring that we will be ok when I am on maternity leave. We feel more blessed with each day and look forward to continuing to share this experience with everyone. Take care, Carey & Nathan

No comments:
Post a Comment