Tuesday, December 2, 2008
SHE'S HERE!!!!
Too bad for all of you that voted for a boy because Bailey Grace Fortner is finally here!! She arrived on November 29 at 4:42am weighing in at 7 lbs, 3 oz and measuring 19 inches long. Labor and delivery were a piece of cake - seriously, I was expecting so much worse. The whole thing only took a little over 12 hours! After a few hazy nights, we were released from the hospital on Sunday afternoon. Everyone is doing well at home - just trying to adjust to having Bailey here. She is sleeping pretty well and eating like a little piglet and pretty much just keeping Nathan and I in awe of everything she does. I never knew poop could be so exciting! Here she is right after delivery:
The nurses and doctor were so wonderful and did everything they could to make me comfortable. Nathan got to cut the cord and was the first one to get to hold her after she was cleaned up:
Now that we're home, we are just trying to figure out what to do with her! I feel like I'm constantly nursing her and Nathan is just trying to get through the workday without falling asleep, but it's awesome. Mom and I gave her a bath today - she did not enjoy it but I thought she looked so cute in the towel!
And now we can buy all the pink clothes we want! Thank you, Tammy, for the rompers that actually fit - she loves them!
We just can't believe she is finally here with us. There were some days we thought the pregnancy would never end. But now that it has, and Bailey is ours, we could not be more thankful or more amazed at how perfect she is - she is a true gift from God and the definition of her middle name - we've been given something from God that we absolutely do not deserve. Nathan and I are completely in love with her and can't wait to share her with all of you. Thank you for your prayers throughout the pregnancy and please continue to keep us there as we learn how to be parents! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
She is so beautiful! I've been keeping up with your baby news through Joanne at work. Congratulations!!!
oh my goodness!!!!!! a baby girl. what a blessing. i cannot wait to meet her and talk to you. so glad all is well. we are praying for all three of you!
Post a Comment