Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Sleep? What's that???

I have to type fast because Bailey might wake up any minute and realize it's time to eat...

Life is absolutely awesome, if not a little blurry, these days. Bailey is a true joy to have in our home. She already looks like a different baby and she's not even two weeks old! At her last doctor's visit, she weighed in at 7 lbs, 7 oz - surpassing her birth weight by 4 oz!! Not surprising with the way she eats - she definitely got her mommy's appetite! Her sleep schedule, on the other hand, isn't so wonderful... I'm averaging about 5 hours a night, which I guess is pretty good, but I'm not able to nap during the day (it's just my personality - I've never been a napper) so I'm pretty tired. Luckily, Nathan is able to sleep through the crying and the pacing - isn't that something!! ;)

We finally got our Christmas tree up and thought it would be fun to dress Bailey in her Christmas clothes for pictures. Unfortunately, she is still so tiny that even the 0-3 month stuff is big on her. So here's a cute one in her polka dots (my favorite):I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about so much pink but I love it. Mom is going to make some bows for her hair (or head, since she doesn't have much hair) so she can still wear all the green and yellow clothes we have without being mistaken for a boy. But the pink is definitely my favorite.

Bathtime is not Bailey's favorite thing in the world but being in any stage of undress kind of upsets her. Unfortunately, a girl's gotta be clean so we just have to grin and bear it when she fusses. Or screams...
Better run, she's beginning to stir and it's always better to catch her on this side of a fit rather than letting it get started! I will update again soon!

2 comments:

Davis Family said...

In case I haven't told you yet, I LOVE HER!!!!!

booklady said...

Just talked to your Mom, Carey. She is still floating. I have been telling her this grandmothering stuff is wonderful. Bailey is beautiful and it sounds like you are doing everything just right. Be watching the mail.
Debbie Williams