Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What a big girl!

After all the drama I've had with breastfeeding, Nathan and I decided that we'd like to try Bailey on a bottle just to see if she'd take it (breastmilk only, no worries). This would give me a chance to rest my body, not to mention I could actually leave the house for more than an hour! So we gave it a shot last night - here are the results:


I think she was thoroughly confused at first because she knew Daddy wasn't supposed to be able to feed her. But once she figured out that even though it was wierd, she was still going to get a full belly, she relaxed and ate every last drop. I did almost cry when she looked up at me like "Why are you not doing this with me?"...


but I assured her that this was not a permanent thing and that there would be plenty more feedings with me! At least now we know that she will take a bottle so if I ever can't be there or someone else wants to help she won't starve to death!

By the way, they are predicting snow flurries here today. Insanity! Poor Nathan is out in the cold up to his ears in pine straw. Let's all think warm thoughts for him!!

No comments: