We finally made it to church with Bailey today! It was so good to be back after missing the last ten weeks. And Bailey was perfect - she slept through most of the service and just stared at the chandeliers the rest of the time. We went out to lunch to celebrate afterwards and once again, she was an angel. She is really growing out of the stage of constant fussiness - hallelujah! We will have her dedicated to the church on Mother's Day. What a special day that will be!
On a completely unrelated note, my parents have always told me about the time I blew a diaper completely off... didn't know if I really believed that story until today. Projectile poop, folks - that's what we had this afternoon. It's like she knew I was about to take her diaper off and she waited until the exact moment that all was clear and let 'er rip. After I peeled myself off the ceiling (the sound it made frightened me), I surveyed the scene and determined that I would need Nathan's help to get everything cleaned up. He tackled the carpet and I removed everything from the changing table (and let me tell you, that stuff will get into nooks and crannies you didn't even know existed). From now on, I will keep up a protective diaper shield whenever I change her so we don't have another blowout like this. It was truly amazing. ;)

3 comments:
I was laughing so hard that people at work came in my office to check on me. I had a vision of you literally pulling yourself off of the ceiling! :) Jackson never "blew one off" but I can definitely relate...
ah yes. welcome to motherhood my dear friend. just wait. it gets even better ;)
HAHAHA!! That is so hilarious!!
Post a Comment