
This is one of the many millipedes that thinks it is perfectly alright to cross our patio every night. He is wrong (DEAD wrong, as Nathan has turned killing them into somewhat of a bloodsport... I'll spare you the details). I am so disgusted by them and truly can't figure out what redeeming purpose they serve on this earth. I guess God had a reason for creating them, but for the life of me, I can't figure it out (unless it was purely to torture scaredy-cats like me... ugh). Be aware that this is one of the smaller millipedes, honestly. As we were coming in last night, I swear I thought an Oscar Mayer weiner was crawling toward my foot. I HATE THEM.
In other news, we had a nice quiet weekend at home for a change. We took Bailey to the pool Saturday afternoon and I guess it wore her out because for the first time ever, she slept from the time we put her down (8:00 pm) until morning (7:30 am) without making a peep. Unbelievable. We may add late afternoon pool time to our regular routine from now on. :) Also, she has begun to finger-feed herself. I offered her some rice puffs a few weeks ago and at first she would just put it in her fist but couldn't get to it. Now she will pick them up with her thumb and pointer finger and put them straight into her mouth. Big girl!
Not much else to report. Our August calendar is chock full of moms' club activities but other than that, it looks like we're going to finish out the summer on a lowkey note. Hope everyone is having a good Monday!

No comments:
Post a Comment