Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, September 21, 2009

A blurry last week

I've been away from my computer for awhile but I'm back! It has been probably the most stressful week of my life so I haven't had much time to blog. Between Bailey being sick and missing the birth of my niece, I feel like I'm finally slowing down a little bit. Most of you know that my sister's sweet baby Sylvie had to have surgery last week to correct a problem with her intestines. She came through the procedure just fine and although she may have to spend a month recovering in the NICU, the prognosis is good. Hopefully she will be able to start eating on her own and gain some weight. I got to see her briefly over the weekend and oh my goodness... she is the tiniest little bird baby I've ever seen. Check out Katie's blog for more info and pictures: parrishandkatie.blogspot.com.

Things are relatively quiet at our house. Bailey kicked the bug she had last week and is definitely feeling better. She is becoming quite the little chatterbox, adding 'na-na' to her repertoire of sounds. She will imitate almost anything so Nathan and I are being very careful what we say in front of her! And although I was convinced that she was going to be directionally challenged (she crawls in reverse very well), she has started crawling forward as of today! It is so funny to see her take off after a toy or the remote or whatever object she wants... she's quick! And she's learning to pull herself to stand by holding onto our shirts or my hair (ouch). She will be ten months old next week and I can definitely tell she's growing up!

Nathan and I will celebrate our third wedding anniversary on Wednesday. Sometimes it seems like just yesterday that we got married and other times I feel like we have been together FOREVER... either way, I am a lucky woman to have this life with him and I think he'd say the same about me. ;)

Hope everyone is having a great week. Love from SC!

No comments: