Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, September 16, 2011

Busy, busy...

It is September 16 & finally cool enough to open the back door.  I'm so ready for fall weather - football, chili & a fire in the fire pit!  It'll be at least another month before this weather is here to stay, I'm sure, but for today, I'll take a high of 80.

Things have been pretty hectic since the last time I posted.  Nate's sister got married in TN the last weekend of July.  It was a beautiful ceremony & Bailey was the cutest flower girl ever!  Of course I didn't take many pictures but here's one taken by the photographer:
  Pretty girl!

August primarily consisted of pool playdates & gymnastics.  Bailey goes every week for an hour & absolutely loves it (although she calls it peenastics for some reason).  The coach thinks she's ready to move up to the next class because she's doing so well.  I'm so proud of her for jumping into something new & giving it her best!  We also celebrated Nathan's 29th birthday on August 26.  Hard to believe he's almost 30 (sarcasm... I cringe as I type this since I will be 34 in January).  We went to Charleston with friends from NC to celebrate while my parents stayed with Bailey.  Here's an example of what they did while we were away (I'm so glad my dad is a good sport):
Camping out

Awana also started back up with Nate & I as the Puggles leaders again, which means six two year olds are in our care every Sunday night through the end of April.  Fun times!

September brought us a great visit from Nate's whole family.  They were able to come down for a few days & enjoy the beach & Bailey.  It's always so nice to spend time with family.  We're looking forward to a visit to NC the first weekend in November to have family pictures taken.  September also marked the beginning of preschool for Bailey.  She is going twice a week & so far seems to love it.  No tears at all when I dropped her off the first day.  Could be because it's at our church & she meets in the same room where she has Sunday school & Puggles, so I'm really glad she's comfortable.  I guess I'm the only one having trouble believing that she's old enough to go to school.  Here are a couple of pictures of our big girl:
Preschool open house

Love my girl!

And she loves her daddy!

First day of preschool

Shameless plug for The Other Side in the background

I recently discovered the joy of the Bluffton Farmer's Market, so we've gone two weeks in a row & enjoyed delicious food & live entertainment.  Bailey certainly did seem to enjoy the entertainment, at least.


Over the next few months, we'll be travelling to AL for an Auburn football game (War Eagle!!), going to Savannah to see Disney on Ice (Bailey is totally into princesses & fairies right now - she's even going to be Tinkerbell for Halloween), celebrating our fifth wedding anniversary (has it only been five years?  Seems like it's been a lifetime!), & going to Charleston to see Yo Gabba Gabba Live (Bailey is going to die - it's her favorite show).  So if I don't get around to posting anything soon, you know why.  Hope to see or talk to all of you soon!



No comments: