I don't know how I let so much time lapse between postings - you'd think I was busy or something! In truth, we've had some pretty quiet weeks lately. We visited my family in Alabama at the end of September and got to attend an AU football game for the first time in a couple of years, thanks to my sister and her husband. We had a blast - great seats (although being up that high tends to give me the spins), great weather and great company, of course! I couldn't resist stopping by my old dorm while we were on campus, especially since September marked the 15th anniversary of my time there (time really flies).
Bailey thoroughly enjoyed spending time with her cousin Sylvie (who turned two in September). Here they are dressed as a viking and a pirate taking a ride in a doll stroller:
The last weekend of September included a trip to Savannah to see Disney on Ice and let me say that it was one of the most exciting nights of Bailey's (and my) life. She was decked out in her Belle dress and tiara and just had the best time! I loved seeing the look of awe on her face as the princesses and other characters skated around the room. It was wonderful!
October found me and Nathan as leaders of the kindergarten/1st grade children's church program every Sunday morning. It was challenging, to say the least - but I'm glad we did it, not only to help out but to gain some insight into what Bailey might be like as a six year old (scary!). Bailey also came down with the first cold she's had since having her adenoids out/tubes in last year. A whole year without antibiotics! It was short lived and once she was feeling better, we headed out to the Holiday Farms pumpkin patch for a hayride.
We also visited the little pumpkin patch here in town with some friends from the moms' group. Bailey was a little wary of the haystack at first but pretty soon she was queen of the mountain.
We were also lucky enough to get to see Yo Gabba Gabba Live in Charleston! Ok, I thought Disney on Ice was good but this show was AMAZING! We had so muh fun (I really may have enjoyed it more than Bailey did). It was definitely worth the four hour round trip on a Tuesday night!
October ended with a lot of Halloween festivities, including a party with the moms' group, trunk or treat at church and trick or treating with some friends. My parents were able to come out and help us celebrate as well, so a good time was had by all! And Bailey was the cutest Tinkerbell I've ever seen, if I do say so myself!
November looks like it will be a good month - Bailey is still enjoying preschool, gymnastics and Puggles, so she'll stay busy with that as well as playdates with our friends in the moms' club. Nathan is playing softball for the church again, so he's out there every Monday night showing the rest of those guys how it's done. He's also recently joined the personnel committee at church, so keep him in your prayers as he works with them. I continue to just run the show around here (ha) and try to make sure everybody is fed and in clean clothes. We're headed to NC this weekend for a quick visit with Nathan's family and then we'll be off to AL for Thanksgiving. We love staying busy!
Wishing you all a happy November!










No comments:
Post a Comment