Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A weekend of firsts

It was a very busy Mother's Day weekend in the Fortner home. In addition to it being my first Mother's Day, Bailey got her first taste of solid food - rice cereal! It looks like grits but I'm sure it doesn't taste quite as good. Here she is in the highchair that was my mother's (which makes it almost 60 years old!!)...

and here are a few pictures of her eating the cereal. I like to call them"Bailey's Feed the Children" campaign...




She also got to ride in a baby swing for the first time while Nathan and our dads fished...
and last, but certainly not least, Bailey was dedicated at church on Sunday. She wore the christening gown that my sister and I wore as well as my baby bracelet (making them over 30 years old - we are all about the sentiment of reusing things!)...

Don't worry, I did not subject her to the humiliation of wearing the bonnet in public - it was for photos only!


It was a great weekend shared with our families and one we will remember forever!

1 comment:

Margo said...

I just checked in you guys after a while and look at all that is happening over there!! Bailey is, of course, BEAUTIFUL! And congratulations on her dedication - such a special thing! And Happy 1st Mother's Day! And so much more since i have to catch up! And I haven't seen your parents in forever - they are precious as well - your mom is too cute!